CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Carowinds may not get sold after all.
Last week, Reuters reported Six Flags Entertainment offered $4 billion for Cedar Fair, the company that owns Carowinds.
There was no certainty that a deal would be made, sources told Reuters.
Now, Reuters is reporting Cedar Fair rejected the offer because it is not enough and there are no signs of a counter-offer from Six Flags.
The talk of the possible merger last Wednesday created a roller coaster ride on the stock market.
Cedar Fair shares jumped, while Six Flags’ shares dropped, which wreaked havoc on Wall Street.
The two companies have not commented on the situation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- NC man sought in rape of 5-year-old he was babysitting, deputies say
- Prominent doctor was visiting Charlotte when hit by stray bullet in uptown
- 2 teenagers charged with shooting at CMPD officers in Steele Creek
- FORECAST: Charlotte likely will see more record-setting heat; still no rain
- NC high school football player stops to honor national anthem in viral photo
© 2019 Cox Media Group.