BURKE COUNTY, N.C. — A UPS driver has been charged in connection with a deadly crash that happened Halloween night in Burke County, North Carolina State Highway Patrol said.
Cody Bess was charged with misdemeanor death by a motor vehicle and failure to reduce speed.
Julie Jenkins was driving a car on Interstate 40 when a UPS truck rear-ended the car and killed her.
No other details have been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 Cook Out employees fired after NC officer reportedly denied service
- 2 juveniles escape from Concord youth development center
- Arby's franchise issues ultimatum to parents: Control children or be asked to leave
- FORECAST: Pleasant start to workweek before blast of cold air arrives
- McCaffrey distraught after stopped at goal line as Panthers lose in Lambeau
Cox Media Group