AVERY COUNTY, N.C. - The North Carolina Department of Transportation, along with towns like Banner Elk and Beach Mountain, put down salt Monday to prepare for the winter weather conditions.
Strong winds have been making the preparations more challenging, with snow being blown back onto the roadways.
>> Channel 9’s Dave Faherty has a look at the conditions in the High County, in the video at the top of this page.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Carolina Panthers' 4-game skid leaves questions about Rivera's future
- Suspect accused of killing man outside Charlotte apartments to face judge
- CEO of Charlotte Center City Partners on plans for ‘iconic' bridge to link uptown, South End
- FORECAST: Schools closed as winter weather moves into High Country
- 'We're going to call her Sky': Mother delivers baby girl at Charlotte airport
© 2019 Cox Media Group.