FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Fayetteville police are searching for a man who they said broke into a home and forced a woman and a 1-month-old boy into a car at gunpoint, according to our partners, WTVD.
The home invasion and kidnapping happened Monday around 1:12 a.m.
Wani Thomas broke into a home on Tangerine Drive and forced Jasmine Livermore and the baby boy, Nathaniel Thomas, into a vehicle, police said.
Authorities said Livermore and the child were found safe around 8 a.m., but Wani Thomas was still no the run.
Thomas is considered armed and dangerous and last seen wearing a brown jacket with blue jeans.
Anyone with information should call Fayetteville police at (910) 676-2597 or Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-8477.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- VIDEO: Father charged after tackling student during wrestling tournament
- South Carolina makes millions selling people’s driver’s license information
- Woman, baby found safe after taken from NC home at gunpoint
- FORECAST: Bitter chill, sunny skies and no rain in sight to start workweek
- Man accused of selling meth to undercover Huntersville officers three times
© 2020 Cox Media Group