LANCASTER COUNTY, S.C. - Several Lancaster County schools were on lockdown after police said shots were fired on Fork Hill Road Thursday morning.
Andrew Jackson Middle School, Andrew Jackson High School and Kershaw Elementary were all locked down because of the police activity in the area. Those lockdowns have since been lifted.
The Lancaster County sheriff said shots were fired not far from the schools, but no one was hit.
Police said they were searching on foot for any suspects.
No other details have been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for any updates to this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Major changes coming to southern stretch of I-485
- Director of human resources for Richmond County charged with trafficking opium
- Husband questioned after body believed to be missing NC woman found
- FORECAST: Highs near 70 and dry before wet weather swings in Friday
- CMPD hands out messages to remind families they do not enforce immigration laws
© 2019 Cox Media Group.