CHARLOTTE, N.C. - More than 100 runners came out Saturday morning for the 3rd annual “Run For Their Lives” 5k in south Charlotte.
The 5K is held to raise awareness of the horrors of human trafficking. Some of those who came out on Saturday ran in honor of two survivors from the Tar Heel State – Allison and Ivy.
Many others had names of victims written on their arms as a way of showing support.
All proceeds from the race going toward ongoing efforts to aid victims and survivors of sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
Eyewitness News reporter Stephanie Tinoco served as the emcee for the event.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Machete-wielding man attacks hikers on Appalachian Trail, leaving one dead
- CMPD: 3 in custody after man stabbed during armed robbery in uptown
- Two cars hit by bullets on I-85, including one with 3 children inside
- FORECAST: Gorgeous pattern takes shape after weekend storms
- Savannah police officer from Charlotte shot, killed investigating robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.