CHARLOTTE, N.C. - John Marrino wants The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery to have a long-lasting impression.
That South End brewery — Charlotte’s first — marks its 10th anniversary in March.
Marrino, OMB’s founder, was recently named the Charlotte Business Journal’s Business Person of the Year for his efforts in building the brand and efforts to grow the craft-beer industry.
He has been a pioneer in the Queen City’s fast-growing craft-beer scene. Today, there are 43 breweries here — and the number keeps growing.
In the last decade, OMB has invested $20 million-plus into its facilities, equipment and continued expansion.
Take a look behind the scenes at OMB’s journey in this photo gallery.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating after man found shot to death on trail behind recreation center
- Suspect got more than he bargained for after chasing woman into north Charlotte karate studio
- FORECAST: Flooding a threat as heavy downpours soak the Carolinas
- CMPD: Man accused of impersonating officer attempts to make traffic stop in north Charlotte
- Man sues Burger King after he says he was offered burgers for life for being locked in bathroom
© 2019 Cox Media Group.