CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Nearly a thousand families going through a foreclosure were incorrectly denied loan changes because of an error by Wells Fargo.
Channel 9 first reported the bank's error with an internal mortgage calculator in August.
New federal documents show hundreds more families were impacted by this error.
About 870 customers were not given changes to their mortgage, even though they qualified, according to the new report.
This led to almost 550 families being foreclosed on.
This is the latest issue Wells Fargo has faced.
Last month, Wells Fargo agreed to pay $65 million in a settlement related to the hundreds of fake accounts created.
Also, the bank charged improper fees for car loans, in addition to mortgages.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'An exciting next phase': Charlotte-based Bojangles' to be sold
- VOTER GUIDE: Everything you need to know about voting in the Carolinas
- Man shot, killed inside Huntersville Walmart; suspect in custody
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- FBI assisting with search for 13-year-old NC girl abducted from mobile home
© 2019 Cox Media Group.